SAMe’s effectiveness to support a balanced mood is demonstrated by many clinical studies. SAMe is in fact so effective for boosting a low mood that it is legally registered as a prescription drug in several European countries for mood balance. One study showed that SAMe was as effective as a common prescription medication for mood. It is thought that SAMe works by help boosting serotonin, dopamine and melatonin levels in the brain, low levels of which are commonly associated with mood imbalances such as anxiety and depression. SAMe has also been found to support joint health in osteoarthritis patients as effectively as a popular anti-inflammatory drug by reducing inflammation and protecting joint tissue from degradation.
- Studies have shown, SAMe to be as effective as antidepressants without the side effects
- Studies have demonstrated a link between deficient SAMe and mood disorders
- SAMe takes effect quicker than antidepressants
- SAMe does not cause weight gain like some antidepressants
- SAMe is beneficial for Osteoarthritic pain
- Studies show that SAMe may prevent or reverse liver damage caused by alcohol, steroids and acetaminophen
- Studies have shown that SAMe, Omega 3, Probiotics and Vitamin D can help combat depression
- It’s already found in the body so supplemental SAMe is very safe for long term use
Check with your healthcare professional before starting
Join the Discussion
paNOW is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.